The Board of Directors is the governing body of the Appraisal District and is comprised of nine (9) members who represent the 30 taxing jurisdictions in the County. They are appointed by the governing bodies of the jurisdictions with voting entitlement: counties, school districts and incorporated towns and cities. The Board’s primary responsibilities as the governing body of the Appraisal District are:
• Selection of the Chief Appraiser;
• Establishment of the appraisal office;
• Adoption of the operating budget for the District;
• Appointment of Appraisal Review Board members;
• Appointment of the Taxpayer Liaison Officer.
The Board of Directors does not assess property nor does it address value issues (Section 6.15 of the Texas Property Tax Code).